Expansion of Dr.PNT
In 2016, GC Wellbeing launched Dr. PNT, health supplements & foods for hospitals and clinics, and has expanded the solution to the treatment of pain, care of the intestines, and obesity.
Period of Growth (2016-2018)
- September 2018ISO 45001/ISO 14001 certified in Eumseong Plant
- August 2018Safety and health management system (ISO 45001) certification acquired
- December 2017GCWB204 German clinical trial phase-2 CTA approved
- November 2017Laennec IV clinical phase-3 IND approved
- April 2016Dr. PNT, a health supplements & foods for hospitals and clinics, launched
- March 2016Domestic patent registered for Lonicera japonica Thunb. (treatment of intestinal dyskinesia) completed
- February 2016BST204 (GCWB204) domestic patent registered (cancer-related fatigue)
Permit received for GCB bone injection
Launch of GC Wellbeing Integrated Corporation
From 2006 to 2014, GC Wellbeing established PNT through a merger of GC JBP, which produces Laennec, a placental injection, GC Wellbeing Division, which sells non-covered injections, and Green Cross HS, which is in charge of research and development of natural materials and pharmaceuticals, ultimately laying the foundation to become a specialized company.
Formation Period (2015)
- December 2015Company name changed to GC Wellbeing
- October 2015Sales takeover of GC Wellbeing Division
Merger with GC HS Co., Ltd.
- March 2015Japanese PDMA GMP compliance inspection approved
Expansion of nutritional injections for prescription drugs and development of new natural pharm products
From 2006 to 2014, each company that makes up the present GC Wellbeing grew into a leader in their respective fields on R&D, production, and sales.
Period of Exploration (2006-2014)
- November 2006Acquired permission for using drug materials
- September 2014BST204 (GCWB204) phase-1 clinical trial in Germany completed
- May 2014GC6101A-gastritis and gastric ulcer IND approved in Korea
- April 2013Acquired license for food manufacturing
- February 2010Acquired license for health supplements & foods manufacturing
- July 2008Acquired license to manufacture food additives
Manufacturing of Prescription Drugs Based on Placenta
For the domestic production and supply of Laennec, a placental injection, GC Japan Bio was established in partnership with Japan Bio Products Co., Ltd. (JBP), laying the foundation for entering the “well-being injection market.” Considering the nature of human-derived medicines, which are vulnerable to contamination, Eumseong Plant, where Laennec is made, uses advanced manufacturing processes, including virus inactivation and sterilization confirmation, to ensure safe, stable production of high-quality products.
Foundation Period (2004-2005)
- April 2005Laennec, a placental injection, approved
- March 2005Branch office opened in Eumseong, Chungcheongbuk Province
- November 2004Pharmaceutical manufacturing license approved
- September 2004GC Japan Bio founded